We understand that booking online involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this Website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("Personal Details"), including your given and family name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your travel preferences such as hotel room and meal preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member, book travel, complete a traveller profile, participate in a survey or contest, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our Website.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through this Website, we will request personal details and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal details and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information and member database. Examples of information we may receive include updated personal details, purchase history, and demographic information. .
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this Website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as trips made to our Website and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping to customise your user experience. For more information, please see "Cookies" below. .
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages or e-newsletter broadcasts that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests or our travel promotions. For example, if you search for a flight to Hong Kong on our Website and did not opt out to receive our e-newsletter, we may send you an email message in the form of an e-newsletter from time to time. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our Website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages.Please review "How you can control the collection and use of your information" below.
Who we share your information with
This Website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or lucky draws, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our Website. In most cases, you can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear somewhere on the relevant web page, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal details, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party business partners.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services that may be of interest to you.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your personal information by visiting this Website's Member Profile page. In the event that you choose to close your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account is not closed until you have received an email confirmation from us. Please note that even after you have closed your account, we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
How you can control the collection and use of your information
- As stated above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although some information are needed to book travel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this Website.
- You can update information in your account or close your account by informing us.
- When you register as a member on this Website, you will be given a choice to opt out receiving email messages or e-newsletter from us about special offers. As a registered member, you can modify your choice at any time on the Member Profile page. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this Website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this site, you will not be able to access portions of our Website.
- Cookies allow us to save encrypted passwords and preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit. This means you will be able to enjoy conveniences such as login without having to type your login name every time you visit our Website.
- We will be able to make improvements to our Website by using statistics collected from cookies. These statistics are anonymous to third parties and may also be used by our third party advertising companies to monitor the effectiveness of advertisements. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our Website.
- Session information such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, browser types, operating systems are also used for our system administration. Session information will allow us to enhance your experience by allowing us to troubleshoot technical issues as well as to improve our site usability.
Display of customised advertising
Data collected by this Website to serve you with relevant advertising. We are committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your travel-related searches. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our Website, that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Shanghai on this Website, you may see an ad for a Shanghai travel package on this Website.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising. The advertisements you see on this Website are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our Website; and (2) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our Website and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our Website, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
How we protect your information
We are committed to protecting the information we collect from this Website. While no web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information for business reasons only. We employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
Visiting our Website from outside Singapore
If you are visiting our Website from outside Singapore, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in Singapore, where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of Singapore and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share as described in this Policy.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in any way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages or by way of an e-mail and you will have a choice as to whether or not we may use the information in this different manner.
Tell A Friend Request
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We store these information to track the success of our referral program and to inform your friend of our promotional offers. Your friend can choose not to receive our e-newsletter.
How you can contact us